My vision of a 2vs2 Championship

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My vision of a 2vs2 Championship

Post by Frosty on Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:27 am

Teams : 2 players, THAT MAY BE FROM THE SAME CLAN. I think it's also interesting with the way I see this competition. A tag, from any single form or colors, should be added to the nicks of both partners. If they were using the same colors for their whole names, it would be easier to spot them and to recognize them. it's nicer on a screenshot too Very Happy . No substitute needed : teams of two players are easy to gather. There should be 16 teams or something like that to take part to each championship.
Rules : The same as usually : 2 rounds of 7 caps and 15 minutes. A third round maybe played if the 2 first are both draws or 1 victory and 1 defeat. If the third round is also a draw, then the whole match is a draw. The result of the whole match give points the same way as in football : 3 points for victory, 1 for draw, 0 for defeat. The matches will be planned, and for each match the teams would have 2 weeks to play them. If they don't play it, both teams won't receive any points.
Form of the competition : - the championship : with 16 teams, it means 2 matches against each team during the championship : 30 matches for each team. The points decide of the places of the teams at the end of the year. In case of draw, the ratio scored caps - boxed caps will take the decision.
- the tournament : during the championship, a tournament will be organized. All teams take part to it. No draws mean that you'll continue to play the rounds til one of them decides of a winner : 2 rounds, if it's 1-1 continue til one team wins, like the golden goal in football. 3 matches men that maximum 3 matches can be played : if the two first gives as result 2-0, the defeated team has no chance of victory. Same for 5 and 7 : the final can end on a 4-0 like on a 3-3
which will give a 4-3.

team 1 against team 2 (1 match no draw)
----------------------winner (1-2) against winner (3-4) (3 matches no draw)
team 3 against team 4 (1 match no draw)
--------------------------------------------semi-final (in 5 matches no draws)
team 5 against team 6 (1 match no draw)
----------------------winner (5-6) against winner (7-8] (3 matches no draw)
team 7 against team 8 (1 match no draw)
------------------------------------------------------------------final (in 7 matches, no draws)
team 9 against team 10 (1 match no draw)
----------------------winner (9-10) against winner (11-12) (3 matches no draw)
team 11 against team 12 (1 match no draw)
--------------------------------------------semi-final (5 matches no draw)
team 13 against team 14 (1 match no draw)
----------------------team winner (13-14) against team winner (15-16) (3 matches no draw)
team 15 against team 16 (1 match no draw)

This way, there's 2 interests to the championship : the championship and the "cup", the tournament.
If 16 teams of 2 players mean 32 players, which isn't that much, we could create another championship with the same form of 16 teams. The winners of both cups coul have a final match together, or we could create another cup which melt teams of both championships, with conditions of qualifying.

Why do I like this vision : I think that 2vs2 is such interesting : very different of usual 3vs3 CM's, and not really frequent. The way of playing 1 match every 2 weeks for it means that it isn't hard to find them therefore, + the fact that there are only 4 players to gather for each match. I haven't thought further for the time given to play the tournament's matches, maybe 1 week for every match (because 5 matches to decide of a winner, it's long). It's still fun, but need investment : playing for a whole year, maybe more, 1 match for two weeks. I think it would be interesting because the championship's evolution will be more regular : for the FFA tournament of Ratatosk, the problem is that, to gather 7 players on a single date, it takes some time. Here it would be easier. I think EuroBabo need something that looks a bit like the sportive championship, like football, basketball and other. Give your opinion on this, eventually corrections on the times, or new ideas of extra cups, playoffs and qualifying pools for a Masters League, where the best teams of all the championships can take part.

Last edited by Frosty on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Re: My vision of a 2vs2 Championship

Post by Raptile on Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:39 am

huh I didnt read this , but i think it will be nice xD But 2 players not from the same clan :S i think that players from other clans or free agents can be ..

Raptile
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk on Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:40 am

good idea frosty!
though, i think that still a third player is needed as a substitue.
At least that simplifies things a lot Wink
I am for this, though first the FFA tournament should be finished (TODAY YOU SHALL PLAY!!!)
but then you ll get an own section here in this forum Very Happy
Ratatosk
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:52 am

I think that 2v2 is to little people... As the maps would be like Pong and Arena Razz Shocked
Nath
Sniper Froob
Sniper Froob

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:32 am

Raptile, of course the teams can be two players not from the same clan. I just said taht they CAN be from the same clan, because in the propositions I saw, people were asking not too much from the same clan, but it's no use in 2v2 contest.

Yes Nath, I forgot to talk about maps.
Of course playing in Daivuk would be non-sense...
Therefore should the admins of the private servers like dominating or wilk add some maps from the BV2-Storage maps website, and eventually create a topic here where only maps of correct size for 2vs2 would be posted. You can get an eye on the maps I did, there are a lot of them where 2vs2 could be played.
I'll try to create some more small maps for that.

Thanks Rata Very Happy !!!

And don't forget, if you have any idea of other cup with qualifying conditions that could be played during the championship, add them here.
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:00 am

Imo, this should be 2v2 torney where all players have to use the same weapon, like.. 1st round sniper, 2nd smg, 3rd ft, 4th dmg, and final any weapon.. I think this would be really fun Very Happy And the 2 people have to be from different clans ofc
Nath
Sniper Froob
Sniper Froob

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:44 am

good initiative frosty! hope you will accomplish this, you can count on me for playing. ;-)

and i think some1 mentioned, you can make have 2on2 games but make a 3 person teams because with 3 persons in 1 team it is more likely to have 2 of them online for a match. also, maybe i missed it in the text, i only glanced on it, all match dates should be made from you. just say, you and you play then and then and thats it. ;-)

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:19 pm

It seems that the idea of teams with a 3rd player will get the things easier.
So OK for that :
The teams must have at least 2 members. They aren't forced to have a 3rd member, but they can. THE MATCHES WILL STILL ALWAYS BE 2vs2. And 3 members/team is the maximum.

About time and dates : to not have problems with potentially 16 teams of 3 players, which means many many problems, Gero, I think the idea I've put is good (concerning the championship matches, not the cups. for the cups i'll maybe set the hours myself). It is the following : 2 weeks to play the game (it means 1 game for each team). Eventually, if all the matches are played earlier than set, we can go up to the next game. BUT, if the game isn't played, it counts as a defeat for both teams. 2 weeks, it's long. So I think it's enough to gather 2 players of 2 teams. I let them organize themselves, maybe even on this forum, with a topic created therefore, it might be easier. At the end of each match, the teams have just to decide who send the screenshots, and the chosen player host it and send me the links by PM on this forum. After the two weeks, everybody can play the next matches. They will be planned before the begin of the championship, and everybody will have access to it in a topic. I think I'll create a topic which is made only for me to post the results of the last matches and announce the begin of the next part. I'll edit a huge table with the scores of all teams, too.

For the tournament that is described in a previous message, we'll call it the Euro Cup, so we know what we're talking about. This tournament is played by the same teams, but works by elimination, and has no relation else but the teams with the championship. I'll probably add another cup to that, with qualifying conditions, if there is the creation of another similary championship, to mix the teams of both of them into a single tournament. But I first need enough players to create one, and then a second one to create that special Masters Cup.

About the maps, look to CTF-Gruumsh, CTF-Corellon, CTF-Murder, CTF-Don'tWorry, in the maps that I posted in the map topics. I think they're good for this tournament. I invite all players to create new maps, to post them on the forum and to host them on the BV2-maps storage site to get the things better.

Last edited by Frosty on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:39 pm

ok, sounds doable :-) good luck with it!

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 pm

yep.. good luck, you'll need it.

ps. you can count me in for playing
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!