Babo Violent 2 Prozac Mod

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Babo Violent 2 Prozac Mod

Post by keta on Mon May 23, 2011 1:59 am

freak wrote:In that case they could give the source to just one or two competent persons who could probably kill the last few hacks that exist.
The issue is if someone will make new version, it has to go through their QA, but they have more important projects, and no one will spend resources on abandoned free game.
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : *w.o.w*

http://baboviolent2.ru

Back to top Go down

Post by freak on Mon May 23, 2011 2:03 am

This is just silly and I feel an intentional obstruction on their part. You just said this game is abandoned (and that's what it is) so I see no reason whatsoever for any fan-made patch/mod to go through their QA. It's not like they're going to be supporting it in any way. The only "support" we get now is that you can download it from their web site, if I'm not mistaken.
freak
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by keta on Mon May 23, 2011 2:05 am

Well, I've tried to say exactly that in my last letter to them. Unfortunately, I hasn't got any answer. Our conversation was ended with clear NO.
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil on Mon May 23, 2011 6:18 am

Ye, and others have tried before Keta too. It's a shame indeed. The funny thing is that from what I know, whoever is making the cheats has access to the source. Would be helpful if we did too
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by keta on Mon May 23, 2011 6:22 am

Well, making cheats is much simplier than improving game. It's possible without sources, and there are many tools for doing cheats. Quite few tools for reverse ingineering exist though. And not much people ready to meditate on IDA/SoftIce assembler output trying to fix bugs.
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil on Mon May 23, 2011 6:33 am

As always, easier to destroy something than build it...

Btw Keta, any progress with that ".dbo"?

I would like to know one thing though. How did the guys that made the first Pro Client change the weapons model if they didn't have access to the source? Did they get their hands on the library that grants them access to changing the ".dbo" or am I missing something here?
Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by keta on Mon May 23, 2011 6:41 am

Devil wrote:Btw Keta, any progress with that ".dbo"?
You meant '.dko', isn't it? Well, not much progress since we've talked about this. I've partially described DKO format, and managed to extract wireframe from 'simple' models, which are without textures. I've stopped research when we're faced with some server bugs, and pointed on server patching rather than reverse-ingineering internal data formats. I'll back to this, one day.

Devil wrote:I would like to know one thing though. How did the guys that made the first Pro Client change the weapons model if they didn't have access to the source? Did they get their hands on the library that grants them access to changing the ".dbo" or am I missing something here?
Guys who made Pro Client has acces to the source, and they made it by editing that source.

For now, I see only one way: I'll release Prozac2 in next few days (I hope) and then start opensource Babo-remake project, which will be coded, say, in C#. I partially know client-server and server-master protocol (which are quite easy to reverse-ingeneer), I know '.BVM' format and, partially, '.DKO'. I will try to make backward compatible client. Most of problems are in moving physics and bullet scatter.
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil on Mon May 23, 2011 6:49 am

Yes, I meant ".dko" xD

So if they had access to it, that means that the guys from Rnd Labs aren't denying the access to the source to everyone. So if they had access to it, why can't we? Sigh..

Well, that's good news, Keta. If you'll indeed start remaking Babo in C#, I'm willing to help if needed. About physics and bullet scatter I've no idea at this point either. But there are others capable and knowledgeable programmers in the community ^^
Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by freak on Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 am

Open source remake would be great, but it's a lot of effort (I'm following quite a lot of projects that aim to be a "true" remake of the original) so more power to you Smile

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is going to be of any help, but people at this forum seem to deal with game file formats a lot so you might be able to get some help there.
freak
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by keta on Mon May 23, 2011 7:31 am

Devil wrote:So if they had access to it, that means that the guys from Rnd Labs aren't denying the access to the source to everyone.
That was long ago. Since then they're denying the accesss to everyone.

Devil wrote:But there are others capable and knowledgeable programmers in the community ^^
Really?! There was they then I've asked for help? No
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by settorex on Tue May 24, 2011 4:05 am

I think that some parts of the babo code have been used for further rndlabs games....
otherways, i purpose a mass mailing from the euro and rus communities to rndlabs telling them that we are hrdly intrested in babo sources and that none of us will buy a new rndlabs game until babo code will not be freed!!! (at least to solve bugs). I mean all together as when you got to retrive flag, fire on the same targhet.
At worst they will cut master server ad we got to type IP adress manually... Smile

settorex
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : clanless

Back to top Go down

Post by keta on Tue May 24, 2011 4:08 am

Massspam will not be good.

settorex wrote:At worst they will cut master server ad we got to type IP adress manually... Smile
In that case, you'll (ok, every gamer, every server admin) only replace your bv2.db and get new alternative master server.
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by settorex on Tue May 24, 2011 4:26 am

ketamine wrote:Massspam will not be good.

settorex wrote:At worst they will cut master server ad we got to type IP adress manually... Smile
In that case, you'll (ok, every gamer, every server admin) only replace your bv2.db and get new alternative master server.

not spam... spam means usless... this will be just many important mails!!!
settorex
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette on Tue May 24, 2011 6:17 am

Spamming them with mails is not the way to go... They obviously made their decision about this and it is their code to do with what they want. I can understand they don't want to give it to people they don't know.. Maybe you should just respect their decision.

Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by keta on Tue May 24, 2011 6:19 am

Anette wrote:Spamming them with mails is not the way to go... They obviously made their decision about this and it is their code to do with what they want. I can understand they don't want to give it to people they don't know.. Maybe you should just respect their decision.
I wanted to say exactly that.
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by settorex on Tue May 24, 2011 9:09 am

mhe, we are not 1 million, even a "mass" mailing can't be such devastating... . my impression is that they just do not give importance to keta's requests (they did not respond)

and if the problem is the denial of service or just the spam, well the mail could be also only one but with all our names.

the aim is about makeing them say " hey the babo community is still alive, it wasn't just only a kid trying to make somewhat"... so they can respond in 2 ways..

a) say no
b) say yes

not just shrug off us
settorex
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette on Tue May 24, 2011 9:34 am

Keta already said he got a "no". Other people who tried also got a "no". This isn't about you wanting any answer, it's about you wanting the right answer, a "yes" ^^

Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by settorex on Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 am

ofc...

btw, and afther this i will close... by sending single spotted requests, we will obtiain a different result as if we send a big chorus one.

the same is to have many ppl that have the competence and the spirit to develope improvements for this game but any one works in his own closet without a true collaboration (not blaming anyone, i know that is not easy to have a life and develope a game as well).

ps:
hmmm, maybe i blame a bit gero and cinc ^^
settorex
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo on Tue May 24, 2011 11:11 am

settorex wrote:ps:

me too :-/

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette on Tue May 24, 2011 11:27 am

Geronimo wrote:
settorex wrote:ps:

me too :-/
=/
I don't ^^

Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc on Tue May 24, 2011 11:30 am

Guess who i blame
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by keta on Tue May 24, 2011 12:03 pm

settorex wrote:well the mail could be also only one but with all our names.
Go write petition.

settorex wrote:any one works in his own closet without a true collaboration
Meh.
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr on Tue May 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Cinc wrote:Guess who i blame

I blame you
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett on Tue May 24, 2011 5:08 pm

lol whatever you say about anything you say, i blame nega.

Zeckett

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Negative on Tue May 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Zeckett wrote:lol whatever you say about anything you say, i blame nega.

I blame myself.

Negative

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top