[Gameplay] DeathMatch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Gameplay] DeathMatch

Post by Martz on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:09 am

Hey people!

“It’s by forging that you become forger”
This is only a part of the theory to master death match mode, but this is not enough. It is by exercising that you will acquire the skill.

Knives :
I’m a knives user, and I think it’s a great secondary weapon to use in DM because you can perform a “killing spree” much more easily than when you use shield. It allows you to surprise your opponents and to kill them faster (for more information, refer to the Bloody Knives, by Devil). If you do it good, you can enchain your enemies thanks to the knives because when you kill someone with it, most of the time, the HP he would have dropped on the ground is immediately injected into your blood. And you are good to go!
I am not saying shield users cannot win a DM, I’m just explaining why I use (and like) knives (in DM).

Grenades :
Grenades are essential. If you work to master it well, it can become a formidable weapon.

First, notice that it’s the only weapon which can be used to inflict damages through the wall. You have to be careful about how you use them, because you do not have so many although you can grab some on the ground. Throwing grenades right away is not a good solution in my opinion. Wait for the right time and place.

Second, you can use it as a preventive shield (such as flames). What I mean, is that for example, when you will go to the left and you know that there is an enemy there, you can just throw a grenade in the opposite direction, to cover your ass while you are engaging the fight with your opponent. It gives you a few seconds to kill him, and you can be sure that no one is going to come from this side.

Thirdly, death match is great training ground to test and try some new tricks about grenades. You can explore the different angle available on the different maps. Be creative. I think that grenades can provide you at least ¼ of the total of your damage (if you are doing well). This is not insignificant. Watching the minimap provides you more info so you can use your grenades more accurately.

When you are low HP, flee is not the best solution in my opinion. In fact, most of the time when I ran away because I was low HP, I got shot by a stray bullet. So (if there are no HP near), my advice is go fighting, and choose your spot intelligently (check the minimap). Look for several enemies fighting against each other. If you are lucky, you may find some hps or another opponent low on hp too and you have a chance to kill him first. If you are unlucky and you do not get any hp, you will surely die. But see it like this, once you are dead, you will respawn full hp and ready to fight whereas if you would have ran you would have lost important time in which you can kill other players.

About the way you move on the map, I advise you to look on the minimap when there is no apparent enemy (but always keep an eye on the screen). It will help you to notice and predict the location of potential enemy and conflict area. Do not follow a cycle, circle or circuit, because first, people can notice it and kill you more easily, and second, you are more likely to be taken from behind.

Do not focus on the same guy, if he is running away and you cannot kill him quickly, do not run after him. It would take out all your attention from everything else. I am advising you not to do this because in this kind of mode, you have to be ready for whatever is coming at you.
Almost every time I play DM and if there are around 10 players or more on a regular map, you can expect to encounter a bullet, a grenade or a guy every 4-5 seconds (it is an average!). So, that you are under enemy fire or not, be ready every single moment. Example: you are fighting against one dude, in medium range combat…well, you can expect to meet another guy or to receive a grenade shortly. Of course it depends on the number of players and the size of the map, but you should keep moving and be ready.

In my opinion, Death match is a great way to improve your skills because you have to deal with a lot of different players (noobs, mediums and pros) and weapons (smg of course, but also photon, bazooka, shotgun, etc). These two variables are very important because you have to adapt your way of playing depending on whoever you are playing against. It becomes pretty tricky (but interesting) when a situation comes up where for example, you are against a lot of different skilled gamers using different weapons.

Martz
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Gameplay] DeathMatch

Post by Geronimo on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:40 am

gj, gg

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles