Babo Risk Tournament RULES

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Gloom on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:30 am

1. No drama.

2. 5 teams with 5 members will compete In the tournament. (if there wont be enough ppl 4 teams will do)

3. Each team start with 5 randomized countries.

4. There are 25 countries overall (althou it might change to 24 if only 4 teams manage to sign in)

5. Team that will rule 11 countries wins.

6. Every team can make 1 attack each Turn day , if they wont capture enemy territory they will lose their turn.

7. Team is not obligated to make a move everyday but unused turns do not cumulate.

8. When Team A tries to attack Team B territory they have to resolve the fight within 24 48 hours or else Team A instantly wins and capture territory [ if Team A challenge team B and then avoid the fight with Team B they will simply lose their turn, contact me to avoid any drama].

9. To capture any territory teams have to play 1 SINGLE 3vs3 or 4vs4 map (listed below map of Europe).

10. Maps that are 4vs4 have to be played 4vs4 only.
10a. If defending team can't find 4 players in 24 hours and don't want to instantly lose - they can make desparate defense with 4vs3 (don't abuse it)

11. Rules during the fight are normal 1 map(NOT 2), 7 caps , 15 minute time limit, I might add special rules since I have some ideas already if Season 1 will end with success.
EDIT: IF match will end up in TIE defending Team KEEPS the territory.

12. Each team that made their turn have to post a report and screenshot in the report topic.

13. Each team that want to attack enemy territory have to post their Challenge in report topic to arrange a fight (ofc its easier if both teams are online and can fight atm or simply used msn to setup sth, but posting challenge is important to verify which Team attacked the territory first)

13A. Team can only attack countries that are attached to any of their countries!
Example: Team that have France can attack Spain but CANT attack Sweden and so on...


14. Defending team chooses color

15. Have fun!

16. Im open to suggestions, but lets not make too many pools before we start this tournament Wink


PS. I'm looking for folks that would add achievements for things like "first blood" and stuff like that.

PPS. If any1 have a good way to randomize countries then I'm all ears Smile

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT ADDED NEW RULE in BOLD, I completly forgot about it sory Wink

EDIT2: RULE 8 changed teams now have 48 hours to play challenges


Last edited by Gloom on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 12 times in total
avatar
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 31
Location : Poland
Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by FireBall on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:49 am

Gloom wrote:8. When Team A tries to attack Team B territory they have to resolve the fight within 24 hours or else Team A instantly wins and capture territory [ if Team A challenge team B and then avoid the fight with Team B they will simply lose their turn, contact me to avoid any drama].

Uhm as I remember in Risk, the attacker used up to 3 dices and the defender up to 2 in a battle. Highest roll being the winner but in the event of a draw the defender would win. In this competition there is no numeric superiority but still, shouldn't the defender keep his territory if the attacker does not manage to occupy it during 24h? The way I see it the defender is dug in and the attacker must "risk" if he wants to achieve victory Razz. Btw thanks for taking the time to make this happen, even though I probably won't be able to participate (not this season anyways) I hope that the Risk Tournament will be the first success of many to come. Cheers to the guys who worked on this idea!

_________________
avatar
FireBall
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 28
Location : Brasov, Romania

http://wsclan.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Devil on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 am

So what happens if team A challenges team B for the a territory that is mean to play for 4 v 4, but team B can't get more than 3 players during those 24 hours?


PS: Gj Gloom, I'm glad to see the wheels are in motion xD
avatar
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 28
Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Gloom on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 am

Devil wrote:So what happens if team A challenges team B for the a territory that is mean to play for 4 v 4, but team B can't get more than 3 players during those 24 hours?


PS: Gj Gloom, I'm glad to see the wheels are in motion xD

They can either instantly loose or defend the territory with 4vs3 if they feel like it.
I think its the only fair solution, to keep the game dynamic. Can't give the other team 5 days to look for some1 it would end up like with other tournaments...
avatar
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 31
Location : Poland
Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Devil on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:28 am

4 v 3 ?

A w e s o m e


Go Go spartan defenders! Twisted Evil Razz
avatar
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 28
Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Adm on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:43 am

Gloom wrote:

They can either instantly loose or defend the territory with 4vs3 if they feel like it.
I think its the only fair solution, to keep the game dynamic. Can't give the other team 5 days to look for some1 it would end up like with other tournaments...

I'll make sure to try this! Very Happy

btw, same happens if it would be 3v3 but the challenged team cannot get 3 -> 2v3?
avatar
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Location : Hungary
Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Zeckett on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:48 pm

GJ Gloom, I really hope this turns out to be a great event!

Sadly I can't participate, so I'm really lookin' forward for a 2nd season! Razz

Good luck!

Zeckett
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 26
Location : Porto
Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Gloom on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Zeckett Malin asked me to delete his post so no point disscussing it further. I'll try to clean the topic so don't mind if your post got deleted.
avatar
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 31
Location : Poland
Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Cinc on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 am

Just a possible rule addon:

For example:
Team A and Team B have 10 territories, and Team C has 5.
Team A challenges Team B for their last, 11th territory, but after that, Team B challenges Team C and wins. So, Team B has 11 countries, but a challenge was made before they had it and if they don't respond, team A gets their territory and therefore wins.

So my suggestion: Winning condition is 11 territories + Cleared out all ongoing challenges (received before acquiring the 11th territory)
avatar
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Age : 25
Location : Ston, Croatia
Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by cnik on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:34 am

Cinc wrote:So my suggestion: Winning condition is 11 territories + Cleared out all ongoing challenges (received before acquiring the 11th territory)
Imo, teams should play the games in the order the challenges were made, then there would be no such problem.

cnik
First CAT Winner; Babo-Wan Kenobi

Clan : old whiny grumpy balls

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by cmnndr on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:53 am

Indeed cnik
avatar
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.


Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by fiby on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:01 am

FireBall wrote:
Gloom wrote:8. When Team A tries to attack Team B territory they have to resolve the fight within 24 hours or else Team A instantly wins and capture territory [ if Team A challenge team B and then avoid the fight with Team B they will simply lose their turn, contact me to avoid any drama].

Uhm as I remember in Risk, the attacker used up to 3 dices and the defender up to 2 in a battle. Highest roll being the winner but in the event of a draw the defender would win. In this competition there is no numeric superiority but still, shouldn't the defender keep his territory if the attacker does not manage to occupy it during 24h? The way I see it the defender is dug in and the attacker must "risk" if he wants to achieve victory Razz. Btw thanks for taking the time to make this happen, even though I probably won't be able to participate (not this season anyways) I hope that the Risk Tournament will be the first success of many to come. Cheers to the guys who worked on this idea!

I agree with fireball, its also should be a important point. the defender should keep his territory when its a draw and just lose it when they lose the battle...

fiby
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Gloom on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:12 am

@ cnik and cinc Games should be played in order challenges were POSTED thats why I intended for this bureacracy in challenge topic, to avoid weird situations.

@ Fibz read rule 11. again I edited it after FB suggestion Wink
avatar
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 31
Location : Poland
Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by fiby on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm

ups... fail Very Happy

fiby
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Devil on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Humm... shouldn't there be a rule about who gets to pick the color?

Imo, defenders should pick the color.
avatar
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 28
Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Gloom on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Devil wrote:Humm... shouldn't there be a rule about who gets to pick the color?

Imo, defenders should pick the color.
I'll add this rule in Season 2 , for now treat season 1 as my little experiment on babo community Wink.
avatar
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 31
Location : Poland
Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by cmnndr on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 pm

...

I don't know why you are so headstrong about this. Most people feel that defending team should pick colour. You say rule one is no drama, but by not enforcing this (colour choosing) as a rule you just leave an open door for it (the drama)...
avatar
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.


Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Gloom on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Alright I'll add this rule if thats the only way to make You stop whining all the time ^. Drama could be easly avoided, not by every single thing written as a rules, but by members of this community using some common sense...

Sometimes its just matter of politetly asking if You can be blue or red on some maps, I guess that kind of solution is long gone with "old community".
Tournament barely started and Your making me regret to try to make sth for everyone not cool Evil or Very Mad
avatar
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 31
Location : Poland
Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by cmnndr on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Oh come on Gloom it's not like that. But you said Be active, well most are active at night, evening-night. So... I'm just trying to make it happen, it's not like I'm picky and choosy.

And about the colour rule... Common sense is a long lost virtue. And you think I whine? Wait till Neo gets a hold of you. Haha!


*omfg edit*

I got lost in between threads, but you get it. I should hit the sack, my mind is sleeping already Sleep
avatar
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.


Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Malin on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Gloom wrote:Sometimes its just matter of politetly asking if You can be blue or red on some maps, I guess that kind of solution is long gone with "old community".

There's no "old community" now, deal with it. New people alweys like to put some drama in everything, even if it's just small thing, they just want to "be" in community Suspect

varlan wrote:
*omfg edit*

I got lost in between threads, but you get it. I should hit the sack, my mind is sleeping already Sleep

Go sleep ffs baseball bat
avatar
Malin
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Age : 26
Location : Internet
Clan : Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Geronimo on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Gloom wrote:for now treat season 1 as my little experiment on babo community Wink.

and you once called me too optimistic... :-P

and just to say it (dunno if some1 said it before already) - great fucking job gloom and thx for bringing some fresh air into community happenings! ^^

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Age : 30
Location : Croatia, Zagreb
Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Cinc on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Hey gero you have a "N" in your nick, The N Team counts on you for the next season Razz
avatar
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Age : 25
Location : Ston, Croatia
Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo Risk Tournament RULES

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum