It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by love on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Hey how's it going? Been along time. Here are some maps I've recently made. Not all maps are finished products, some just need spawns, but you can take and modify the ones you like. Thanks and good luck. Let me know which ones you like. I'd like to get some added to a rotation.


Drop Box info!

https://www.dropbox.com/home#/Public/babo%20maps%20shared:::


Maps in order of creation
Speedyshare added just in case

#1
Fallout:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28895102/fallout.bvm

#2
Tribal:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28896389/tribal.bvm

#3
Art:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28896424/art.bvm

#4
Wild:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28896488/wild.bvm

#5
shotgun-wedding

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28896743/shotgun-wedding.bvm

#6
Glade


http://www.speedyshare.com/settings.php?id=220290880&idh=d4366a502186d7615ab68aa132795932

#7
lion

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28911764/lion.bvm

#8
temple

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28926775/temple.bvm

#9
river

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28926793/river.bvm

#10
zombies

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28927593/zombies.bvm

#11
carnival2

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28927631/carnival2.bvm

#12
mission

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28927636/mission.bvm

Great news! Found some maps I made more than a year ago in an old e-mail account. I've updated a few and here they are:


Drop box:

https://www.dropbox.com/home#/Public/babo%20maps%20shared:::

#13
friends


#14
Lennon


#15
defense


#16
blocks

love
Medium Babo
Medium Babo


Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by love on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:24 pm

More maps!!! It will take too long to download and install drop box (ill do it later) but these are worth the extra 15 seconds!

#17
temple

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28981057/temple.bvm

#18
Pharo (note its spelled wrong)

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28981049/pharo.bvm

#19
pharosmall

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28981050/pharosmall.bvm

love
Medium Babo
Medium Babo


Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by cmnndr on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:32 pm

O yea! Temple is awesome I love you
avatar
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.


Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by Cinc on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Well, most of these are hardly playable as CTF maps, you need to consider stuff like multiple entrances to bases, spawns in right places, escapeways for flaggers etc. Some are good as DM maps though.
avatar
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Age : 25
Location : Ston, Croatia
Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by Anette on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Pharo and temple are just awful.. only 2 places to spawn and on temple you wouldn't even use half the map.
other maps doesn't show any spawns at all, so not really sure if this serious or not.
Maybe stop mass-producing maps and make a few good ones instead.. quality > quantity

_________________
If there are no dumb questions, then what kind of questions do dumb people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions? - Scott Adams
avatar
Anette
Site Admin

Location : Denmark
Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by cnikshutupforonceXD on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:32 am

Anette wrote:Pharo and temple are just awful.. only 2 places to spawn and on temple you wouldn't even use half the map.
other maps doesn't show any spawns at all, so not really sure if this serious or not.
Maybe stop mass-producing maps and make a few good ones instead.. quality > quantity

Hey... isnt that an overly harsh way of putting it? XD Yes most of them need work like cinc said, and clearly this person hasn't quite got the hang of creating ctf maps yet so back off and let him/her improve. OFC I say that in the nicest possible way as well ^^
avatar
cnikshutupforonceXD
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by cmnndr on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:33 pm

cnikshutupforonceXD wrote:
Hey... isnt that an overly harsh way of putting it? XD Yes most of them need work like cinc said, and clearly this person hasn't quite got the hang of creating ctf maps yet so back off and let him/her improve. OFC I say that in the nicest possible way as well ^^

varlan wrote:O yea! Temple is awesome I love you
avatar
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.


Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by love on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm sorta stuck with the name and I think (in the American servers people might think I'm a girl and might not take me seriously (sorry women!). My public name on the American servers was peaceflower and then I started making it peaceflower-mike and people were surprised and someone posted a comment on my maps today. Smile

Anyway back from that long intro. Temple (the 2nd one you guys are talking about since I made two) was a concept idea that I was trying to work out, in that people have to race to the flags instead of killing each other. I like irony in the maps and people who are out of nades are just going to be running almost next to each other in a truce sorta way. Each time a group spawns the person left standing is going to be alone to score unless the other team can hold out for the other players to spawn.

Some maps dont have spawns because I didnt know where to put them as a "professional" would, and at the time i figured that rather than having to erase my miss placed spawns someone could start fresh.

I've also noticed the CTF thing you are talking about. I was always scared to make the walls too spread out. I also tried to avoid having open long (down the map ) shots so my maps were all clustered together. I've been comparing and seeing the maps in rotation have that and are more open in places and they work great, so if i go back to these maps or make others I will try to incorporate that if I can.

That's a relatively long comment/answer, but do you guys have any input on spawns or other suggestions.

Thanks.


Last edited by love on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ohh a resaon...well see someone called me and since this was a public computer, I wanted to save the almost finished message so I could walk away and answer the phone call. Im supprised also that I can keep typing in this small box & I havent hit the)

love
Medium Babo
Medium Babo


Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by love on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Does anyone else think temple looks like the big bullet from the old mario nes games? Is there a name for those cause that'd be what I'd want to call the map. Or it also looks like a ghost and not a temple.

love
Medium Babo
Medium Babo


Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by cmnndr on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:23 am

love wrote:Temple (the 2nd one you guys are talking about since I made two) was a concept idea that I was trying to work out, in that people have to race to the flags instead of killing each other. I like irony in the maps and people who are out of nades are just going to be running almost next to each other in a truce sorta way. Each time a group spawns the person left standing is going to be alone to score unless the other team can hold out for the other players to spawn.

Yeap Very Happy But most babo players want a classic game, nothing out of the box, you know?

love wrote:Does anyone else think temple looks like the big bullet from the old mario nes games? Is there a name for those cause that'd be what I'd want to call the map. Or it also looks like a ghost and not a temple.

Yeap.
avatar
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.


Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by h8me on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Anette wrote:other maps doesn't show any spawns at all,
Actually her first post tells you that some maps need spawns... read->reply
avatar
h8me
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Age : 106
Location : Right here
Clan : No thanks

http://www.mazzocco.dk

Back to top Go down

Re: It's been over a year: 16 new maps!!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum