Programmer needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Programmer needed

Post by Ratatosk on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Hey all,

now that Babo is Open Source, C++ programers can do some nice stuff. I'd like to, too, but I only know how to program my MS Excel-Worksheets. However, I do have an idea for an interesting game mode, that we played artificially
a couple of times a few years back.
My hope is, that there is someone in the community, who not only has the abilities to implement this game mode into the source code and thus bringing a new challenge on the battlefield, but who also has the time to do so Smile

So, if there is someone, here is, how the game mode works:

1) Name: Gun Game */whoever has a better name, please share
2) Aim of the game: The winner of the game is, who is the first to reach his fifth kill with the nuke
3) How to get there: In every single point of the game, each player only has control over one single weapon.
This includes secondaries, nades and flames. The player proceeds through the game, by reaching a certain number of kills with every weapon. The players start with SMGs. There are no secondaries (also no shield) and no nades and flames. When the player has 5 (or any other useful number) or more kills and is dead, when he spawns next, he wears a nice shotty. Again, after 5 or more kills, after the respective deat, he respawns with a sniper rifle. etc. pp.
In this way, players are forced to switch weapons (they have no choice) and in certain stages they have limited shots. Actually, it may be a good idea to have some kind of cooldown (just as for CG) for flames and nades. So basically to give them no limit, but a refreshing time. And of course, weapon switching is disabled.

That's the gross idea. So all in all, a player goes through 12 stages (might be a good name).
"13th stage" sounds decent.

So, questions may be posted here and I'd be more than happy to find a programmer with the skills and time to launch dis baby.

Cheerio

Rata
Ratatosk
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : None

Back to top Go down

Re: Programmer needed

Post by cmnndr on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Played this. Really challenging and fun. Wink
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by FireBall on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:21 am

Sounds very similar to starcraft's bunker command if anyone remembers <3, could be a lot of fun.

I am a Babo in real life!

http://wsclan.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:30 am

Actually, the idea came from a counter-strike mod that was exactly like that:
Deathmatch (or whatever it was called in CS) and at a certain number of kills you get new weapons Smile
Ratatosk
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:30 am

Well, imo, before we start thinking of making new modes for the game we should try to address the current issues, like maybe implementing that nadespawn "fix" Cinc made a while back.

If babo is really open source now, maybe we should make a team or so that could try and do something with it. And also, maybe try and popularize it (yes, I know, old subject), but I only mention this cuz I don't see people wasting their time coding for a game that only gets played by just another dozen people.

Unfortunately C++ ain't my area of expertise, so I can't do much in that field. Maybe if babo needs a website then I can help, or even with some design I suppose.

All things aside, this mode sounds pretty fun ^^
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by fuazi on Sun May 19, 2013 5:33 pm

well, guys, frankly to say, the babo source code is so horrible than noone except daivuk will be able to make changes into it =)
i am really surprised how a person can develop a game writing code like that Very Happy
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo on Mon May 20, 2013 9:51 am

yep. start from scratch or quit your life.

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Saddam on Tue May 21, 2013 2:55 am

I'm waiting for antyspawnnade version. Cinc WAKE UP

Saddam
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc on Tue May 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Saddam wrote:I'm waiting for antyspawnnade version. Cinc WAKE UP

Well since you asked for it nicely: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93696675/bv2Dedicated.exe

If anyone wants spawn immunity, just tell the server owners to use this dedicated server instead of the old one.

Features: 2 seconds respawn version, possible to set respawn time in the console using "set sv_spawnImmunityTime"
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:32 am

Will this ever actually get implemented? scratch
Nath
Sniper Froob
Sniper Froob

Clan : Insomnia