Friendlist - Whitelist? Help Please :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friendlist - Whitelist? Help Please :)

Post by ReanimatedMe on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 am

Hi everyone,

I am here because..

Ok joking aside, I am quite new to these forums Smile.. I have been searching everywhere for answers to my question, but it doesn't really take a genius to notice that documentation for Babo Violent 2 server configuration is rather scarce these days, or at-least in the English language anyway.

My Question
How do I configure the friendslist for my server?

-More Info-
So I would like to have a whitelist on my server so that only players specified by me can join. I have set the "sv_onlyserverfriends" to true and it works. I join in and it stops me from playing "Are you allowed to play here? Are you logged in?". This is great! This is what I want... However,  I have no idea how to configure the friendslist file. I have tried - addfriend etc, checked the friendslist file and it remains empty. I even tried to add someone via their ID to the friendslist but nothing works.

I log in as admin and all, I can't even play ^_^...  Embarassed But it is close to what I want to achieve.

I hope someone reads this and reacts like " Suspect " whilst thinking "dude.. You aren't doing the most basic thing"..

Any help would be very much appreciated!
( I am using the windows prozac server v1.2 from the babo site)

ReanimatedMe
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Re: Friendlist - Whitelist? Help Please :)

Post by Negative on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:36 am

ReanimatedMe wrote:Hi everyone,

I am here because..

Ok joking aside, I am quite new to these forums Smile.. I have been searching everywhere for answers to my question, but it doesn't really take a genius to notice that documentation for Babo Violent 2 server configuration is rather scarce these days, or at-least in the English language anyway.

My Question
How do I configure the friendslist for my server?

-More Info-
So I would like to have a whitelist on my server so that only players specified by me can join. I have set the "sv_onlyserverfriends" to true and it works. I join in and it stops me from playing "Are you allowed to play here? Are you logged in?". This is great! This is what I want... However,  I have no idea how to configure the friendslist file. I have tried - addfriend etc, checked the friendslist file and it remains empty. I even tried to add someone via their ID to the friendslist but nothing works.

I log in as admin and all, I can't even play ^_^...  Embarassed But it is close to what I want to achieve.

I hope someone reads this and reacts like " Suspect " whilst thinking "dude.. You aren't doing the most basic thing"..

Any help would be very much appreciated!
( I am using the windows prozac server v1.2 from the babo site)

Create an account in a random site I can't recall. Login in the game.

?????

Profit

Negative
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Post by h8me on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:31 am

Create an account here http://ladder.baboviolent.ru/index.php (also for the players you want to have join your server, tell them to go there and register).
When they join your server, type: - playerlist in the console. This will give you: >> [03] 13 Crapper 217.157.140.101 (just an example).
addfriend (playerlist id#) : If the player has a valid friend's id, it will be added to the list. If you take the example above you'd type: - addfriend 3 and press enter.
After that the player must rejoin the server and it should work.

Edit the "sv_friendsMessage" to have it say whatever you want when a player not on the friendslist joins the server
h8me

Clan : No thanks

http://www.mazzocco.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by ReanimatedMe on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Thanks a ton! Much appreciated! cheers

ReanimatedMe
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:08 am

i smell a server hijack
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReanimatedMe on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Varlan wrote:i smell a server hijack

Huhhh? affraid

ReanimatedMe
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:40 am

Razz
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top