Lag Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lag Issues

Post by Sovietěnion on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:22 am

Hi all,

North American player here (East coast). I recently wanted to get back in to Babo and have been having some issues with lag. I've played on w00tland and German FFA, and my ping is fine (in the 66-100 range) but frequently I'll just lag spike (to the 300+ range).

As you can guess that got pretty frustrating. So, I decided to host my own server. Some of you may have seen it, it's called North American Server. The problem that I'm having is that I'M STILL LAGGING on my own server. Seriously, my ping goes from 0 to 300 and back down to 0. I've tried this on two different machines at two different ISPs, using all 3 clients, and no matter what I do I get the same problem. I play and host servers for plenty of other games and I never had this kind of problem.

I was wondering if you guys had any insight. I've been trying to get a number of my friends into the game, I'd like to be able to host a North American server for us.

Thanks!

Sovietěnion
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Re: Lag Issues

Post by Peacemaker on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello Soviet Union, one of the reason can be WiFi use. Sometime i also have lag spike with direct connexion, i think it can be the internet provider fault, however it's very rare.

Hope it helped
Peacemaker
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : )(

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovietěnion on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:43 am

Thank you Peacemaker, I am in fact on an Ethernet connection. I realized when I restart host machine that my server that I'm hosting doesn't lag, but after about an hour or so of running the lag kicks in. Perhaps this is some background process on Windows 10. I'm not too sure.

Sovietěnion
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovietěnion on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Another thing I've noticed is that the server goes down on its own, even though the internet connection was never interrupted. This happens after about 4 hours or so, and I have to restart the server.

Sovietěnion
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacemaker on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:32 am

Don't know then, try to find Crapper one of those days on Babo, he may help you
Peacemaker
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : )(

Back to top Go down