[Gameplay] Shield of Significance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Gameplay] Shield of Significance

Post by Geronimo on Thu May 15, 2008 3:57 pm

So in babo we dont say "To be or not to be?" we say "To kill faster or stay alive longer?". It is the question about should you use shield or knives.

From the title you can see i am a shield player and i will try to explain it to you why...

In moment of this being written, shield lasts for 2.5sec and reduces the damage you get by half. So, you can see that the point of shield is to keep you alive. And this fact is very important when you play Capture The Flag. In balanced games and clan matches every damage you get is important, no mater how small it is. And shield gives you ability to reduce that damage. Second, goal of ctf is to, ofc, capture the flag. So in order to go from your base to enemy base and back with the flag you have to have pretty amazing dodging skills and luck but in most times this isnt enough. Shield helps you here also.

Last thing to say about shield is that all pro players who use shield are rarely or almost never killed by knives. If you practice it you will see that knives can be dodged pretty easy so having them isnt useful as having shield on you.

To conclude, today, knives and shields are balanced comparing to each other (you can see this, if from nowhere, then from the fact that it is almost 50-50 of pro players who use knives/shields). Both have their situations to be used. Still i am always in favor of staying alive than killing fast so my advice to you is to use shield. :-)

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Re: [Gameplay] Shield of Significance

Post by FŽanor on Thu May 22, 2008 1:33 am

But knifes are a lot more fun! Very Happy I think knifes are good to use against a shotgunner too. If he gets too close and he hasnt killed me yet ( Razz ), and I've hit him with a few shots, I just try to knife him. If he gets that close it's my last chance anyway :p
And, at least for me, shield make me a bit lazy, when dodging nades etc.

But ofc, if there is one shield and one knife around when taking the flag, the shield always takes it.
FŽanor
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : .Notorious ballZ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo on Thu May 22, 2008 4:16 am

yep, it does make you a bit lazy when dodging nades... :-) but i look on it as building character... :-D

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos on Thu May 29, 2008 7:15 am

In the dawn of many babo players' lives there are two things: Shotty and Knives.
But I just want to say that it's the coolest thing to fight a close/mid-ranger (S/DMG,FT,SG)
with a Photon and have them thinking "I gotta get closer to him!" and when they do you suddenly jump and finish 'em with knives Very Happy
Much the same with Snipe...
The "salt" of many action games - Melee-fighting - is great in Babo! it couldn't be any better ( the feeling)
And that's exactly what keeps me away from using the shield-
It takes the bite off my babo, it makes it more secure but less... VIOLENT! Of course it's probably my own fault and you shouldn't be in a situation that requires you to shoot while using shield BUT it happens and when it does I get pissed..

So: BABOS SHOULD BE VIOLENT! Wink
Nos
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top