[Gameplay] Shotgun - The Mayhem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Gameplay] Shotgun - The Mayhem

Post by SloEddy on Sun May 18, 2008 11:50 am

Shotgun

Well the basic principle behind this gun is widely known, point blank range full shot equals certain death with which many people fail to agree but I have to say; what are shotguns famous for?
Basically a good shotgun user shouldn't be killed by anyone in their near vicinity. Whenever a player enters your death zone (about 3 babo lengths) you should be able to kill him no matter what weapon he has. A good idea maybe if you're not too faithful in your luck with the spread is to shoot so that the enemy will get hit by some bullets no matter what, but if you believe that you can do the 1-hit-kill which makes shotgun so special, then go ahead and aim a bit infront of the enemies movement, so that by the time your bullets fly to the enemy, he belongs in the coffin.

The manuevering with shotgun is pretty straightforward, if you're farther than 7 squares from the enemy, try approaching them without letting yourself open to enemy fire. If you're closer than that, you basically just have to charge into point blank range and kill them. if you're rather lucky with your spread, you can kill people even those elusive 7 squares away. Shield or knives, I guess if you look around, you pretty much notice there is absolutely no shotgun user with shield, I'm pretty much certain that's a good way of handling it Razz because your peak of performance is close range, where knives also come into use and the reloading time you have gives you an ugly opening of vulnerability which can be easily exploited and a bit less easy if you use knives Smile

When a shotgun user is in defensive mode, just stand behind a wall so that the moment your enemy crosses the line of your sight, BOOM, he's just an extra hp bundle for your defense crew. (Maybe extra nades too alien)

As for the reloading itself, you should always enter battle with 6/6 on your shotgun and if you wish to reload quick, pick up another weapon and repick the shotgun, it reloads in about 1/3 of the time and gives you a quick load of deadly bullets Very Happy

So basically, Shotgun is a charge weapon, in my opinion you should act as a bull with it, charge like a maniac and with just a bit of luck with the spread, you can easily remove the whole enemy team before you know it.

Twisted Evil Enjoy the blood Twisted Evil
SloEddy
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : gods Tyranny

Back to top Go down

Re: [Gameplay] Shotgun - The Mayhem

Post by Nath on Sun May 18, 2008 1:21 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Gaaaaaaaaaay weaaaaaaaaapon!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Nath
Sniper Froob
Sniper Froob

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by epi on Sun May 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Nath wrote:Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Gaaaaaaaaaay weaaaaaaaaapon!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

but now very good to kill 4 example: Nath xD
epi
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : play

Back to top Go down

Post by Blubi on Sun May 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Eddy, I didn't know that playing sg is so complicated. Razz It's not only smth like "go, kill and die" ? Very Happy

Blubi
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by SloEddy on Sun May 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Well that depends =) if you want to go kill and die, you'll hardly ever bring out the flag while being dead. Besides =) everything is either incredibly complicated or incredibly simple Razz it only depends how much you think about it Smile
SloEddy
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : gods Tyranny

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD on Sun May 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Some people use shotty in defense with a shield with good results now.

And, shotty is gay.

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : oo

http://www.youtube.com/user/babocast

Back to top Go down

Post by Axser on Mon May 19, 2008 12:23 pm

Tody is using sg with shield and he is making quite good job ;D

Maybe sg isht that gay as pussy... Razz
If you dont have skills -> use sg (Dont want to offence any sg pro player but look at public...)
If you use sg... you hide behing walls that means -> pussy
Axser
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Blubi on Tue May 20, 2008 6:06 am

It's not hard to be good defender with sg, especially on small maps. Attacker must be really sharp to go through that def or play sg too. Wink

Blubi
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Y B a Hatr?

Post by Nos on Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 am

So much has been said about shotty on gamechat and on forums...
always the same: too much dmg, too long range, too imba(llanced)...
Personally I think SG is a perfectly fine, ballanced, pro-able weapon and the only reason people hate it is because all the noobs in PubS play it, which, yes, IS dumb Suspect But it's the retards' fault not the weapon's! In these cases I always try to get the noobies to try and play a different weapon and I give them a little lesson- those who follow my advice I leave them to kill me sometimes, those who continue to play shotty get pwnd by my PR or SMG (I'm not very good with 'em but in pubs who notices Wink ) and so - the scales become more even. I almost never play SG on a noob server with lots of shotties anyway... I like to feel.. superior and also give a good lesson Razz
As for CMs I think there is numerous examples that Shotgun can be of massive help even on maps that don't really go with shotties. If there is 1 smg, 1 snipe and 1 shotty usually I'm the shotty and usually I get the most kills and almost always- the best flagging result of the group. not that I aim for that- a weary, shielded sniper lead by a shotty-bulldozer is a better party than a hasty gunslinger that can die faster than the supporting snipe can do his damage or re-cap the flag if the SG falls...

But in any case having a shotty in the team is good and at the same time playing it equals purest and least demanding Kill-Joy! Twisted Evil

PS:Actually not LEAD by the shotty- the snipe should go a small distance ahead so he can scout for danger and, if any- to fall back and let the shotty do the dirty work Very Happy
Nos
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty on Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 am

I agree with Nos. bounce
I think shotty is such more balanced than people use to say.
Anyway, I prefer the old one...
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Baboclot Business on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:46 pm

I think people underestimate the range of the shotgun. Sure it can't fire as far as the SMG but once someone's on my screen I always consider it worth firing, that first hit at a distance might be the one that drains their health enough for the close range hit to make a kill. Or they might be low health and you wipe them out with that one, or you get a lucky spread, or it throws their aim off. Bascially if I can take the shot I will.

It also cannot be stated enough, use the 'f' key any time you're low on ammo and there's a weapon lying around, a really good shottie player will never have to reload.
Baboclot Business
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:16 am

of course he hasnt, only in cases when there are like 4 ennemies around him and he just has no time for the weapon change Smile

but i prefer another "tactic" with shotty against shotty: i try to provoke my ennemy to shoot at me too early.
so he only does very low damage while i can go near him in that time and give him a lot so that i only need 2 shots to kill him while he would need 3 (except in some lucky cases) so that i usually fire second but win due to the quality of the shots.
Ratatosk
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : None

Back to top Go down

Post by (TheMaN) on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:14 am

I have to say ahotgun was my first wep. i ever used in babo and it is a good wep. it is good use when it is a ctf match. and it is good when it is a ffa with lots of pll playing on that server. shotgun is a very good wep.
(TheMaN)
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:35 am

I use SG when i'm depressed.
Someone choose Alchool, i choosed SG for waste this time.
Cyber
I am a Babo in real life!

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 am

SG SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dizzy
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:35 am

Airmax wrote:SG SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice summary D
Kai
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Uc

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am

Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by epi on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Cyber wrote:

LOLOL, It's really like you sayin' "You're faggot" cyb. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH I love you
epi
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : play

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:59 pm

epileptiqe wrote:
Cyber wrote:

LOLOL, It's really like you sayin' "You're faggot" cyb. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH I love you
I love you
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 am

Razz
dizzy
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggsey on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 am

SG can actually kill from a long range, I've killed countless people AFTER they've left the screen.
You get 5 bullets per shot, and each bullet takes more than 1/5th hp, so even if you only get them with 1 bullet, it can kill often.

Also, if someone has seen you too late, but you are not sure if you can get the 1 hit kill, then you can use knives immediately after sg with no reload time to guarantee the kill Twisted Evil

Diggsey
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Clan : .WyZ.

http://www.diggsey.heliohost.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top