[Gameplay] SMG - The Classic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Gameplay] SMG - The Classic

Post by SloEddy on Sat May 10, 2008 10:43 am

SubMachineGun

The typical weapon in fairly close or medium length battle that is unmatched by any other. When you learn to use it skillfully, you can without a problem kill a very good player with shotgun even in close combat Smile you just need him to be a bit unlucky with the recoil. The biggest enemy of an SMG user to my guess would be a sniper, a good one anyway. All the other weapons are pretty much not worth mentioning if compared to the proffesional SMG.

So, how to use it? Razz

First of all, you should improve your FPS to the maximum possible to be able to play smoothly and peacefully. Then you should pay attention to the second weapon, which would be either shield or knives, I personally use knives when there are many players and shield when I have space to manuever around. Knifing makes it easy to control crowds of people and the shield provides you with vital defense against unexpected grenades or those annoying snipers. Also if you're trying to take the flag, please use shield so that you won't die too fast...

Proceeding onto the main part we stumble upon a very bad weapon if you can't use it good. The basic way I was tought to aim, is to keep your mouse in the middle of the manuevering of the enemy, but I do it another way.. I usually do a half moon manuever around the player running away from him at the same time and hitting every single bullet into the enemy which usually results in 1:0 for me Very Happy. I can give an example with a fair game of mine, using SMG and knifing.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=12390768
Sure we didn't win, but I tried...

The main part in using any weapon is obviously the manuevering, because you're pretty much dependant to how well you will hit according to your luck with recoil, but your luck has little to do with surviving if you don't know how to manuever. A thing I have to point out, it's not always the best idea to move alot.. for example: A sniper is running around you and he's good at aiming; when you move your movement is very predictable because babos have momentum, when you stand still... who knows where you'll go, so it is sometimes useful to stand still while the sniper is reloading and then surprise him with an unexpected move only to make him wait for another reload. The manuevering in battles with many many many players, there is no pattern to follow Razz just dodge the grenades and hope for the best, though experience helps alot here. But as far as manuevering versus other quick shooting weapons goes, find your own best way to do it, I do the half moon, if possible, some people do 8s some people don't move (but these die alot) and also, try your best to always move backwards slightly whenever you are in a battle with someone.. I don't feel like explaining the logic behind this but it'll make you aim better Smile trust me on that one. Also a thing to point out, even though you're a medium range weapon user, do not be intimidated to engage close combat.. sometimes it's easier to manuever when you're packed close with other players and you can shoot continuously confusing them completely with some fast moves.

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/12/39/07/68/babo5011.jpg
Everyone in this game was in it from the beggining, observe the quality of manuevering. Smile
(Wish I could always play like this)

The best idea for learning the weapon and it's advantages is to use it alot and to observe other "pro" players. I always looked up to these 3 men: Gloom, Vento, Thunderball. Try getting their attention if you spot them Wink ask them for some training lessons Smile but I'm guessing they don't play much these days.. so just find the best one you can and look up to him/her.

Twisted Evil Oh yeah happy killin! Twisted Evil
SloEddy
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : gods Tyranny

Back to top Go down

Re: [Gameplay] SMG - The Classic

Post by Geronimo on Wed May 14, 2008 7:01 am

nice post eddy :-)

here are my 2 cents in short because i dont have much time now.

for me, when i play smg and this is always ^^, it is better too look at the bullets spread than actually my mouse aim. it gives me better feeling how my weapon behaves depending on my moves. if you are mouse aim freak then my advice is always put your mouse a bit behind your enemy. it gives you more screen to see and easier predicting of enemy movement.

and about dodging, here looking at spreads also jumps in. if you train your self to look at your spread then it wont be hard to start seeing your enemy's spread also (talking about smg vs smg now). when you start seeing it the point of good doge is to force your enemy into different freakvency than yours. also, like eddy said, sometimes stopping is a good idea... :-)

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by SloEddy on Thu May 15, 2008 3:42 am

Something I forgot to mention aswell:

I just played a nice CTF and.. well I'll just attach the screenie under this, but the point is; changing your weapon is not there because it must be, it's there because it's useful... when I saw a big group of people and a bazooka lying next to me, I picked it up, shot a bomb and carried on with smg. Whatever you do on the battlefield try using every single second to inflict damage and dodge getting hurt yourself, if it takes to pick up a photon and you inflict atleast 0,1 damage without getting hurt yourself it's progress Smile

In this game I practiced changing guns alot, and I also think something should be done about the quick reloading when equipping/unequipping weapons (CG cooldown and shotty reload)
But I have to admit, this is the first time I started doing this x) don't know why but it just never poped to me that it's useful, so here it is: http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/12/39/07/68/babo1110.jpg
SloEddy
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : gods Tyranny

Back to top Go down

Post by FŽanor on Thu May 22, 2008 1:36 am

Nice one... Wink

But please tell me some tricks how to improve my fps Very Happy
FŽanor
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : .Notorious ballZ.

Back to top Go down

Post by (TheMaN) on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:24 pm

SloEddy wrote:

SubMachineGun

The typical weapon in fairly close or medium length battle that is unmatched by any other. When you learn to use it skillfully, you can without a problem kill a very good player with shotgun even in close combat Smile you just need him to be a bit unlucky with the recoil. The biggest enemy of an SMG user to my guess would be a sniper, a good one anyway. All the other weapons are pretty much not worth mentioning if compared to the proffesional SMG.

So, how to use it? Razz

First of all, you should improve your FPS to the maximum possible to be able to play smoothly and peacefully. Then you should pay attention to the second weapon, which would be either shield or knives, I personally use knives when there are many players and shield when I have space to manuever around. Knifing makes it easy to control crowds of people and the shield provides you with vital defense against unexpected grenades or those annoying snipers. Also if you're trying to take the flag, please use shield so that you won't die too fast...

Proceeding onto the main part we stumble upon a very bad weapon if you can't use it good. The basic way I was tought to aim, is to keep your mouse in the middle of the manuevering of the enemy, but I do it another way.. I usually do a half moon manuever around the player running away from him at the same time and hitting every single bullet into the enemy which usually results in 1:0 for me Very Happy. I can give an example with a fair game of mine, using SMG and knifing.

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=12390768
Sure we didn't win, but I tried...

The main part in using any weapon is obviously the manuevering, because you're pretty much dependant to how well you will hit according to your luck with recoil, but your luck has little to do with surviving if you don't know how to manuever. A thing I have to point out, it's not always the best idea to move alot.. for example: A sniper is running around you and he's good at aiming; when you move your movement is very predictable because babos have momentum, when you stand still... who knows where you'll go, so it is sometimes useful to stand still while the sniper is reloading and then surprise him with an unexpected move only to make him wait for another reload. The manuevering in battles with many many many players, there is no pattern to follow Razz just dodge the grenades and hope for the best, though experience helps alot here. But as far as manuevering versus other quick shooting weapons goes, find your own best way to do it, I do the half moon, if possible, some people do 8s some people don't move (but these die alot) and also, try your best to always move backwards slightly whenever you are in a battle with someone.. I don't feel like explaining the logic behind this but it'll make you aim better Smile trust me on that one. Also a thing to point out, even though you're a medium range weapon user, do not be intimidated to engage close combat.. sometimes it's easier to manuever when you're packed close with other players and you can shoot continuously confusing them completely with some fast moves.

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/12/39/07/68/babo5011.jpg
Everyone in this game was in it from the beggining, observe the quality of manuevering. Smile
(Wish I could always play like this)

The best idea for learning the weapon and it's advantages is to use it alot and to observe other "pro" players. I always looked up to these 3 men: Gloom, Vento, Thunderball. Try getting their attention if you spot them Wink ask them for some training lessons Smile but I'm guessing they don't play much these days.. so just find the best one you can and look up to him/her.

Twisted Evil Oh yeah happy killin! Twisted Evil
ok the smg is a very strong weapon when you know how to use it and if you do know how to use it you are one happy smger:) if you are a good smger you can kill just about any one that is using a other weapon with the smg Smile. for smg you need good aim with it.or the guy that you are trying to kill is going to see that you have no aim what so ever and he will drive in and kill you.so you need good aim to be a good smger you will need alot of skill with it.
the smg can give high damage if you know when to hit at the good time
(TheMaN)
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:55 pm

bearbear wrote:I thuink Sniper Rifle is MUCH stronger if you can play it well, smg can not win against it:D
AND HE DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING baseball bat
Cyber
I am a Babo in real life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:02 pm

edit button
Gerry

Back to top Go down