Babo freeze((

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Babo freeze((

Post by Harvester on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:33 pm

well, i've installed windows 7 and new pro client.
At first time babo was loading with few fps, but this problem was solved. But now i have another one. Each time i launch babo (no message about fmod, lol) i can play for about 10 minutes and then, wow! PC freezes. I don't think that it's OS problem - just because everything else works fine. But i can't understand what to do(
I really want to play but i can't. Maybe somebody can help?
Harvester
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Re: Babo freeze((

Post by Crapper on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:11 pm

In order to help you out, I'd like to know your hardware.
CPU
RAM
GFX
and so on.

1st solution:
Go to Control Panel >> User Accounts >> Change User Account Control Setting >> Set it to Never notify. (Risky but it won't ask you about changes made to the bv2.cfg file while you play. The new client remembers what weapon you use and writes it into the file. UAC won't allow it unless you say yes/no so this may also be the problem)

2nd solution:
Run the game as Administrator and in XP compatibility mode. This could also help you out.

Although the above mentioned may solve the issue, I'd still like to know what Win 7 build you use. Seeing as it only happens in games (here BV) I'd assume a driver related issue. Try turning off 3d acceleration, booting into VGA mode and see if it still crashes.

Last but not least:
Scratch the Win 7 drivers for your GFX and go for Vista drivers. They work on Win 7 and don't contain bugs present in new drivers.

- Crapper

Oh and BTW, F |_| [ |< Windows, go Linux Razz

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvester on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Thx for answer, Crapper)
First:
CPU - AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 6000+ 3.00 Ghz
RAM - 2.00 Gb
GFX - Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS

So. I tried your first recommendation - windows freezed after about 8 minutes.
Then i tried made second and third - windows died in ten minutes.
Also, when i play babo sometimes sound mutes while i play. In my last try windows freezed and i could see that my HP and Ping increased to the top of monitor.
After this win7 couldn't start, so i had to reboot it twice)
I thought that it may be problem with client - i downloaded ordinary babo. I played even better - (dunno why, but it really better then last pro client) But win crashed again.

I dunno what version it is. A friend of mine gave me DVD. it's called Windows Seven Maximum.

And yeah, really hate windows, but can't play on mac os x - just because hackintosh(

ALSO! I forget to say that now i use wi-fi and it fails from time to time. Could it be reason of my problem? I'll check it later.
Harvester
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvester on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:54 pm

One more update:
Launched game in windowed mode. When pc stoped working it showed me Blue Screen of Death.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x0000000A and etc.
Internet say that it because of fresh istalled drivers for devices, or last installed applications.
It also say about Vista drivers, as you, crapper, said. I downloaded one of it and installed - same result.

Well, if i'll be able to fix it, i'll tell.
Harvester
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Seeing as you've tried everything so far, I'd suggest reinstalling the OS. Don't use the same disk though, get a "real" Windows 7. The Maximum edition is missing some things because someone has used vLite (same as nLite but for Vista and 7) to make an unattended install DVD. and tweak the OS... not always with the best outcome.
Most often IRQLs are casueg by bad drivers and sometimes hardware. Run a diagnostics tool (google) to see if there's anything wrong with your hardware. If not, do what I suggest in the first place and install a proper Win 7. Preferebly the "X64 Ultimate Edition" and stay clear of the Maximum/Gamers/Top/blabla editions. They're almost always crap anyway.

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by fuazi on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:43 am

да поставь нормальный клиент с офф сайта и все
он тоже вылетает?
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 am

Follow this way next time it freezes:
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

and check the last errors in all 3 logs (Application / Security / System)
to see the description of the errors occurred.

(P.S. I hope this is the proper way to get to the Event Viewer on Win7 )
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : &#9658;

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvester on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 am

At this point:

Crapper, i think i'll do it a bit later, when i will be sure, that there's no other way)
(really hate windows for such things)

Fuazi, , . .

Sasha, I checked it. Here's results: In the moment, when PC freeze there's no mistakes, they appear after i restart. They say about critic reboot, and nothing more... as i can understand.

Longcat advised me to run speedfan and to see temperature, cause he had same problem. And yes, in normal state pc works with average 60-70C, but in moment when babo freeze it rises to 92C.
Harvester
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvester on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 am

Update!

Thx to all of you guys) It seems that Longcat was right. The problem was in... dust, lol. I cleaned cooler and temperature now maximum 70C, i played just now for half hour - everything seems fine.
I think i need to buy new cooler, when i'll have money)

Thanks for your care, pals!
Harvester
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cnikshutupforonceXD on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 am

Dust killed two of my computers... Shocked
cnikshutupforonceXD
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mnk on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Harvester wrote:Update!

Thx to all of you guys) It seems that Longcat was right. The problem was in... dust, lol. I cleaned cooler and temperature now maximum 70C, i played just now for half hour - everything seems fine.
I think i need to buy new cooler, when i'll have money)

Thanks for your care, pals!
Only 70? I had a GeForce 7900 (I assume you mean graphics card) heating up to 125C because of the dust in the fan + grille Razz Good thing it stopped processing at 125 so it could cool down (only to 100C <.<), otherwise I would have a hole in my floor.
Mnk
Hello! I am a Hipster.

Clan : tCC

http://insomnia.forumup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Dust. OFC lol. Oh well, I'm always trying to do things the hard way not looking at the more obvious solutions Smile
Here in Denmark we have a saying: Kun sportsfolk og idioter hopper over hvor grdet er hjest. Translated it would sound a bit like: Only jocks and idiots go over where the fence is the highest... or something like that.
Now, you can rule out jock at the get-go so... well, I guess there's no hope for this guy(me) huh? Razz

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top